In addition to our full range of mineral exploration drilling tools, Dimatec offers precision machining services to manufacture customer (OEM) designed components. We offer these services for production quantities that range in size from small to large.
Our precision machining services are primarily provided to the following industry sectors:
- Mineral exploration,
- Oil and gas exploration,
- Oil completion services,
The Dimatec machining facility specializes in the production of threaded components, particularly those that are intended for use in down-hole drill string applications. In addition to being capable of producing most types of standard drill string connections (including API rotary shouldered connections), we can also manufacture customer designed thread connections where suitable gauging devices can be provided and where suitable indexable threading inserts are available.
Dimatec also offers a range of optional in-house special processes in support of our OEM machining services that include:
- Surface wear protection solutions through the integration of powdered metal matrix-bodies into steel components,
- Surface treatments such as Zinc-Phosphate and anti-corrosion coatings on steel components,
- Shot peening of external and internal thread connections,
- Cold thread root rolling of API rotary shouldered connections in compliance with the requirements of ANSI/API Specification 7.2:2008 and ISO 10424-2:2007,
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) in the form of liquid dye penetrant inspection (LPI) using either the post emulsion fluorescent process or the visible dye water washable process, depending on the physical size and shape of the component being inspected.
The 31,000 ft2 (2,880 m2) Dimatec machining facility is capable of producing a wide variety of components that range from simple to complex using modern equipment that includes:
- CNC multi-task turning / milling centers (5-axis, 7-axis, 8-axis and 9-axis),
- CNC lathes (2-axis and 3-axis with live tooling),
- CNC milling equipment,
- Robotic material handling (used with CNC equipment for large production runs),
- A programmable coordinate measuring machine (CMM).
Engineering support is provided for our machining services through the use of a computer-aided-design (CAD) system for 3D solid modelling and a computer-aided-manufacturing (CAM) system that is used to create part programs for the CNC production equipment.
All components that are produced in the Dimatec machining facility are manufactured under the provisions of the company’s quality management system (QMS). The QMS is registered and complies with the requirements of both the ISO 9001:2015 standard as well as the ISO/TS 29001:2010 technical specification. Full compliance with any additional customer defined quality assurance requirements will be given where specified.